Update: October 2016
- QuantumPlace Development (QPD), on behalf of Cedarglen Homes, public engagement: November 2014 to Spring 2015
- Application submission: July 7, 2015
- Circulation of plans to adjacent residents, community association and other stakeholders: August 2015 (with a 50-day circulation period to submit feedback)
- City of Calgary online survey to collect initial public input: Open from July 17 to August 16, 2015
- Public information sessions: September 10, 11 and 14, 2015
- City of Calgary survey to collect more detailed feedback after September public information sessions: September 10 to September 21, 2015
- City of Calgary's technical review of application and review of public feedback: September to October 2015
- City of Calgary issues detailed team review (DTR) of application to applicant: October 22, 2015
- QPD submits amended plans in response to the DTR: February 5, 2016
- City staff reviews amended plans: June 2016
- Public information sessions: Wednesday July 20, 2016; September 14, 2016
- Calgary Planning Commission: August 25, 2016
- Public hearing of City Council: October 3, 2016
- Policy and Land Use Amendments approved by City Council: October 3, 2016
What Was Approved?
Policy amendments and Land Use amendments on the golf course lands per Bylaw 38P2016 and 260D2016 were approved on October 3, 2016.
The application package approved by council, as well as a copy of the approved bylaw, are available within the links to the right of this page.
QPD has submitted a stripping and grading permit application for the site to the City of Calgary, which is currently under review. The City of Calgary planning overview webpage has information on the complete planning process. You can read about the steps required for this site to move from an approved outline plan to housing construction.
The subdivision development process typically takes one to two years for grading, servicing and road construction. During this process, Cedarglen Homes may apply for development permits for new home construction.